Monday, October 20, 2014

Family and Friends!! This week I hit my half way mark in the mission, 9 months. That explains the prego pictures haha Its kind of crazy how fast the time is flying. It makes me a little nervous but gave me time to think and reflect on what I have accomplished so far and what I want to accomplish before I go home. Basically I just decided that it really comes down to living everyday to the fullest, that is the only way we can live without regret. Big events this week. We did a missionary activity for our ward, Noche de Magica. Magic Night. We invited all the counselors to come. We made indiviual invitations and took pictures of each person and asked them how they felt about their calling. We turned these photos and their responses into a slideshow with videos that we made as well. During the activity we played games, had fun, and got to know each other better. It was a really good idea to get us closer with the counsels in our ward. Then we did the Musical Recital in Ilo that we had earlier in Moquegua. It went pretty good. Good news! One of our investigators, Margarita, her son Cristian lives in Ilo but one day last week we ran into him at her house and invited him to the Musical Activity and told him we would be coming down. We got his information and sent it down to the Elders in Ilo. When we saw him at the activity he had his Book of Mormon in hand and the Elders told us he is preparing to get baptized!!! I was so happy! Even though we won't be able to go to the baptism we were just happy to see that we found him and now he is on the path to happiness! It was a blessing for us. The work is universal and I'm just happy to help everyone in the work. Plans for the work in our area are to hopefully see 2 weddings then 4 baptisms in total! The weddings would be of Carlos Salinas and Paula who is a member. They have 4 kids. Then Ruben and Margarita! They would both get baptized. Then we have Nicole, who could get baptized any day now! Pray for us to reach our goal and help the Lord in this wonderful work of salvation! This story is a little long but READ IT! I read this for the first time on a bus on the way to district meeting and was holding back tears. I love it. Here it is.... The File Room In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index'card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemed endless in either direction, had very different heading. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read ¨Girls I Have Liked. I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was. Thie Lifeless room with its smll files was a catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldnt match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files. Some brought joy and sweet memories, others a sense of shame and regret so intense taht I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone were watching. A file named [Friends[ was next to one marked [Friends I have Betrayed.[ The titled ranged from the mundane to the outright weird. [Books I Have Read[, [Lies I have Told[, [Comfort I Have Given[, [Jokes I Have Laughed At[. Some were almost hilarious in their exactness. [Things I have Yelled at my Brothers.[Others I couldnt laugh at. [Things I Have done in Anger[ [Things I Have Muttered under my breath at my Parents[. I never ceased to be suprised by the content. Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. The sheer volume of the life I had lived overwhelmed me. Could it be possible that I had the time in my 20 yearsto write each of these thousands or even millions of cards. But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature. When I pulled out the file marked [Songs I Had Listened to[ I realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were packed tigthed, yet after 2 or 3 yards I hadnt found the end of the file. I shut it ashamed. Not so much by the quality but more by the vast amount of time that the file represented. When I came to a file named [Lustful Thoughts[ I felt a chill rush through my body. I pulled the file out only an inch, not willing to test its size and drew out a card. I shuttered at its detailed content. I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recored an almost animal rage broke over me. One thought dominated my mind, No one must every see this card. No onemust ever see this room. I have to destroy them. In an insane frenzy I yanked the file out. Its size didnt matter now. I had to empty it and burn the cards. But as I took it at one end, and began pounding it on the floor, I could not dislodge a single card. I became desperate and puled out a card only to find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it. Defeated and utterly helpless I returned he file to its slot. Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long self pittying sigh and then I saw it. The title bore [People I Have Shared the Gospel With[ The handle was brighter then those around it, newer, almost unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box, not more than 3 inches long, fell into my hands. I could count the cards it contained in one hand, and then the tears came. I began to weep. Sobs so deep that the hurt started in my stomache and shook through me. I feel on my knees and cried. I cried out of shame from the overwhelming shame of it all. The rows of file shelves swirled in my tear filled eyes. No one must ever ever know of this room. I must lock it up and hide the key. But then as I pushed away the tears I saw Him. No, please not Him, not here. Oh anyone but Jesus. I watched helplessly as He bagan to open the files and read the cards. I couldnt bear to watch His response. And in the moments I could bear to watch His face, I saw a sorrow deeper than my own. He seemed to intuitively go to the worst boxes. Why did He have to read everyone? Finally He turned and looked at me from across the room. He looked at my with pity in His eyes. But this was a pity that didnt anger me. I dropped my head, covered my face with my hands and began to cry again. He walked over and put His arm around me. He could have said so many things, but He didnt say a word. He just cried with me. Then He got up and walked back to the wall of files. Starting at one end of the room, He took out a file and one by one, began to sign His name over mine on each card. NO! I shouted rushing to Him. And all I could find to say was, NO, NO! As I pulled the card from Him. His name shouldnt be on these cards, but there it was. Written in red, so rich, so dark, and so alive. The name of Jesus covered mine. It was written in His blood. He gently took the card back. He smiled a sad smile and began to sign the cards. I dont think I will ever understand how He did it so quickly but the next instant it seemed I heard Him close the last file and walk back to my side. He placed His hand on my shoulder and said, It is finished. I stood up and He lead me out of the room. There was no lock on its door. There were still cards to be written. This story brought a new meaning of Christs Atonement to me. I hope this story touched you as it did me. Thanks to Jesus Christ we are saved. We owe everything we have to Him. I love Jesus Christ and I am thankful for this time I have to serve a mission! I love you all! Share the good word and love as Jesus loves. Love always, Hermana Flora

No comments:

Post a Comment