Monday, May 26, 2014

Oreos for Breakfast

Family and Friends: If this church wasn't true the missionaries would have messed it up a long time ago. I don't remember which apostle said this but I know it to be true. I am thankful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost in our lives and especially in my life right now as a missionary. I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything without the help of the Savior, Jesus Christ. We are nothing without Him. I have learned many things since I have been here in the mission. One thing I have learned is that the mission brings out all our weaknesses and refines them to strengths if you let it. I have seen many weaknesses of mine and I know that if I humble myself and ask the Lord for help, He will turn my weaknesses into strengthes. I have a lot to improve on in order to be the daughter of God that our Heavenly Father wants me to be. This week we attended the wedding of one of our investigators. Her name is Gabriella. She married Augusto, who is a less active member. When they get back from their honeymoon we are planning on baptizing Gabriella and reactivating Augusto. During the wedding ceremony I was thinking that something was missing. I am thankful to have the opportunity to get married in the temple for time and all eternity. The temple is a beautiful place. This week I went to Lima again for more paperwork for my visa. Thankfully, I had the opportunity to go to the temple. We didn't have enough time to go through but I was able to see the Lima temple and go inside for just a little time. The temple is beautiful and I miss going to the temple. I look forward to going to the temple again! Thankfully we have a temple so close to our home! This upcoming week we have plans to work with investigators and less actives and have them go out and visit with us. Diana, our investigator, is 19 almost 20 years old, and she is having a hard time right now and feels really alone. The saddest part was that on Sunday she told us that she took 18 pills and wanted to end her life because she didn't know where to turn. This broke my heart. Diana is an amazing woman and I am so happy that she is here with us. She looked good when we saw her and I am hoping that we can help her in any possible way. So we will work with the members in our ward with her so she can have more friends and not feel so alone. I don't know how else to help her, I just hope she will know her worth and we can bring her to the gospel and help her realize her purpose here on the earth. Sunday was a little bit of a downer. After the experience with Diana we went to pick up Gabriella and her brother Lalo to go to the ward at 2pm. Lalo had been doing so well but when we came to get him he was making excuses why he couldn't go to church and then he got into an arguement with his older sister about not obligating his younger sister to go to church when he didnt want to. It was bad. After he left my comp and I both cried with the older sister. My heart was broken again. I felt like we gave it our all for Lalo and I don't know why he feels this way. After this experience I was really bummed and just wanted to go to the apartment and cry but we visited one other family. I feel bad because I didn't say much and let the experience bother me. After that we went to the chapel to meet some members to go out visiting with us. I talked with some of the Elders in the ward and they helped me realize that there was nothing more that we could have done and I just need to enjoy the moments that I do have and love everyone around me no matter what. Just as Lalo let us down on Sunday, we let our Savior down everyday but no matter what He is always there to love us. I didn't think I would be so upset by someone not wanting to go to church haha Welcome to the mission! haha Cultural adjustments; Ï believe that I have finally gotten use to the large amounts of rice that they eat here! Finally! haha Peru is great and I know that the Lord has called me to serve here as a missioary. I am thankful for this church and belief that I know this church is the church of Jesus Christ. This mission would be much harder if I didnt know this. Thank you for your love and support and your emails! You are all an example to me! Love always, Hermana Flora xoxo P.S. I've never enjoyed double stuffed Oreos more in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment