Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Buenas!

Family and Friends!! This week I had one of my favorite days on the mission. May 2nd was a good day. It was probably the most successful day on the mission. I felt like I gave it all I had and I was dead tired when I went to bed. In the morning, we met with an older lady who is having trouble with money. So my companion and I decided to buy lunch for her. When we brought her lunch she was so happy and filled with gratitude that she started crying and crying. This experience helped me remember why I wanted to serve a mission, because I love service and helping people. Especially those that appreciate our service and love. It was a wonderful experience that I will always remember. Later in the day, My companion and I came up with a little slogan. What would we do if it was our last day on the mission. This has helped us both work harder and give it all we have! Because if it was our last day we would want to do ALL we could and we want everyday to be like that! No regrets! I feel good about our companionship. We contacted and visted new people. That night, we met a man when we were contacting different houses. His name is Edwardo Lucas. My companion introduced the both of us and then said that I would explain the Restoration to him and I was superrr nervous but then my comp said that I was from CA and he said, you can speak in English if that is easier for you. YES!! I was soooo excited to speak in English! haha The best part about this contact with Edwardo was that he is GOLDEN! I taught about prophets and how we have a prophet on the earth today and he was so excited and shocked to hear there is a prophet on the earth today. I asked him if he thought it was possible that there are prophets on the earth today and he said yes, that's possible! He said he really likes members of the church and works with members. My comp asked if he was a member in the middle of the lesson and he said no, then I said Future member!! Then he said, yeah possibly! I like what the church teaches. These words are like candy to our ears! He is golden! I look forward to seeing his progress with us. He doesn't need much help from us since he has a lot of faith already, he just needs someone to guide him to the right path. This day was SUCH a good day! Sacrament meeting was a bust....Hna Bazan and I were super bummed because we had absolutley 0 zerooo investigators in sacrament meeting. We were fasting for our investigators and praying for them this whole week and nothing. Then during the second hour the bishop came into the class we were teaching and one of our investigators came in!! We were both SO happy! He ended up staying for priesthood meeting and then went to another sacrament meeting after! Then when we saw him we taught him about the Restoration. He is also golden! The only problem is that he lives in the city, not in our ward boundaries so we have to send him to the Elders as a reference, which is a little bummer haha but its okay because the work moves on everywhere! This week has been a better week. Sunday night I left Arequipa and went to Lima for immigrations. I SAW RIVERIN! My second companion from the CCM. We were both super excited to see each other! We talked and talked all during immigrations. We had some difficulties saying bye to each other haha the man in charge told Hermana Riverin at least 3 different times that she had to leave for her flight but we both didnt want to leave each other haha It was fun sharing experiences of the mission with her and catching up! This week has been a good week. There are many ups and downs but the good times overshadow the bad and make everything worth it. I look forward to talking to you on Skype on Mothers Day! I will be calling Saturday sometime during the day to verify what time exactly we will Skype! Live everyday as if it were your last. Life is too great to settle for anything less than the best. I love all of you and I am thankful for all the love and support I can feel from home. Love always, Hermana Flora

No comments:

Post a Comment